Helpful Information For Students
For Admitted Students
Once admitted, and as you begin to think about your trip to Northern Cyprus, we\’d like to offer you helpful information…
- Prepare for travel to Northern Cyprus (Lefkosa / Ercan) not later than 30 days before your program starting date.
- Make an appointment with the nearest Turkish Embassy / Consulate for TRANSIT VISA to Turkey, if not exempted. (www.mfa.gov.tr)
- Make flight reservation (preferably Turkish Airlines or Pegasus due to automatic luggage transfer) as soon as possible, since routes to Istanbul & Northern Cyprus (Ercan airport) are busy in September.
- Go to Turkish Embassy / Consulate with your acceptance letter issued by the METU NCC & other documents required by the Embassy / Consulate; apply for the Turkish transit visa.
- Purchase your earlier reserved ticket.
- Inform us via e-mail email@example.com on your flight schedule (date of arrival, time of your departure from Istanbul, flight number). This information must be provided at least 3 working days (Mon-Fri) prior to your arrival. Otherwise, airport pick up is not guaranteed.
- Upon check in, in order to avoid luggage loss, make sure that transit tags are attached to all of your bags.
- Upon arrival to Turkey, go to the transit area for you connection flight for Northern Cyprus (ERCAN airport)
- Upon arrival to Northern Cyprus (ERCAN airport) show your acceptance letter to the custom officer.
- Upon arrival, submit original, attested documents to registration office.
Upon arrival to METU NCC campus, you will receive much more information on registration & English Proficiency Test, student visa and have opportunities to attend orientation sessions.
We look forward to welcome you at METU NCC campus.