The Social and Cultural Affairs Office accommodates 46 Student Clubs & Societies. Since we assume that the accomplishments of our students in social, cultural and sports activities as well as their academic performance will influence their lives positively in the future; our office supports the foundation of student societies and their activities.
In the 2015-2016 academic year, approximately 400 organizations including concerts, exhibitions, festivals, conferences, conventions, seminars, plays and excursions were held by the student associations.
Furthermore, in the 2015-2016 Academic Year, many activities such as the 10th METU NCC Theater Festival, 8th International Food Festival, 10th METU NCC Horror Night, 6th Performing Arts Festival, International Nights and Alumni on Campus 3 were performed successfully by the student associations.
Student Clubs & Societies:
- Atatürk’s Thought Club
- Aviation and Aerospace Society
- Career and Business Club
- Change and Social Awareness Society
- Cinema Club
- Civil and Construction Society
- Community Volunteers Club
- Computer Society
- Critical Thinking Club
- Culture, Literature and Thought Club
- Cyprus Culture Club
- Energy Society
- Fantastic Fiction Society
- Fine Arts Club
- Folklore Club
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineering (IEEE) Student Society
- International Students Association
- International Youth Club
- Media and Debate Society
- METU NCC Kitchen Club
- Mockup Club
- Model United Nations Society
- Music Club
- Musical Club
- Neuroscience Society
- Photography Club
- Political Thought Club
- Processing Society
- Psychology Society
- Radio Society
- Science and Education Society
- Socialist Thought Clubs
- Society of Computer Education and Instruction Technology
- Society of Guidance and Psychological Counseling
- Society of Mediterranean Researches
- Society of Modern Thought
- Society of Personal Development
- Society of Petroleum Engineers
- Technical Assistance Society
- Theater Club
- Turkish – German Communication Club
- Turkish – Japanese Communication Club
- Turkish and History Society
- Turkish Classical Music Society
- Women In Business Club
- Young Entrepreneurs Club
How can I join a student association?
In order to attend associations’ activities superintended by the academic adviser and supervised via the decisions made by the executive board of member students, one should apply to the societies or Social and Cultural Affairs and fill out a membership form.
Exhibition and Activity Centers
- Culture and Convention Center: The Culture and Convention Center (CCC) provides a venue for social, cultural and academic activities serving the METU NCC community as well as the local community. Having an aesthetically and functionally perfect architecture and infrastructure, the CCC houses four state-of-the-art amphitheaters with 522, 210 and 109 seating capacities. Furthermore, with a total of 5791 m2 of meeting space, CCC accommodates 7 seminar rooms (four with 20 seats, three with 60 seats), one smart class, five simultaneous translation rooms, a small and a big hall, café, canteen and a lobby. You can follow the activities held, in the Culture and Convention Center at http://ncc.metu.edu.tr/
- Art Studio: The art studio was established in the spring of 2007 to provide METU NCC students with the opportunity to express their creativity and skills and to contribute to their social development. The art studio allows participants to express themselves through art by using all kinds of visual materials in a workshop environment.
- Photo Studio: Photography Club has designed their society room like a photo studio and has been offering various services for four years on campus. Many types of equipment are used by Photography Club in the photo studio. All members of association can use the studio under the supervision of an experienced member.
- Music Studio: The music studio was established for the students who are members of the Music Club. There are many types of equipment in the studio. It is located on the ground floor of the CCC. You need to apply to Social and Cultural Affairs Office to use the studio.
- Society Rooms: The society rooms are located on the upper floor of the shopping center.
Radio METU Northern Cyprus Studios:
Radio ODTÜ Northern Cyprus Studios, the extension of Radio ODTÜ Ankara, broadcasts on 103.1 and over the internet at www.radyoodtukibris.net.