Overseas Exchange Program
The overseas exchange program is an enriching experience on many levels. It affects both personal and professional development, stimulates creative ideas, enhances relationships, and strengthens multicultural understanding.
An overseas exchange program also offers you a great opportunity to experience even more of the world while completing your undergraduate studies.
Over 250 agreements signed between METU and other universities worldwide including USA, UK, Canada, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Germany, France, Japan, Singapore, South Korea and many others, make METU’s student exchange program very rich and attractive to our students. Students return to METU at the end of the exchange program period and complete their program at METU. The duration of an exchange programs varies from a semester to an academic year.
At the end of the program, the host university sends a transcript to METU including all courses taken by the student. The transcript is evaluated by the student’s department. The department’s recommendation concerning the transfer of credits is sent for approval to the Academic Board and finally to the Registrar’s Office.
Main advantages of the program:
- Exposure to different cultures & languages
- Awareness and adoption of alternative, multi-faceted approaches to learning
- Considerably lower tuition fees comparing to other universities in the West (exchange program students pay their tuition fees at METU NCC on a semester basis and are exempt from tuition at the host university)
- Social & professional network expansion
- Prospective employers in almost every field look favorably upon experience gained while living overseas and knowledge obtained of another language and culture.